Alkaline Diet Recipes
Alkaline Salad Recipes: Zucchini Salad
If you want to enjoy an Alkaline Salad, please consider the following: always use fresh vegetables and fruits, use cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and instead of vinegar you should always use lemon or lime juice.
Of course you can choose your favorite fresh herbs and spices for seasoning. Enjoy your salads!
Besides being an alkaline food and very low in calories (1 medium-sized zucchini has approx. 25 calories), zucchinis contain Vitamin C and beta-carotene, which are both powerful antioxidants.
Ingredients for 2 persons
1 fresh zucchini
1 red bell pepper
1 clove of garlic (optional)
1/2 fresh lemon
2 tbsp. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 tsp. of your favorite fresh herbs
1. Wash zucchini and cut off the top and bottom. Then cut in halves lengthwise and then slice crosswise.
2. Wash and dice tomatoes. Wash bell pepper, cut in halves, then in slices. Cut onion in halves, then into rings.
3. Put all veggies in a medium-sized salad bowl.
4. In another small bowl, mix the lemon juice, minced garlic (optional), olive oil, fresh herbs as well as some salt and pepper. Pour over salad. Mix carefully.
5. Enjoy this alkaline salad!
Many thanks to Emily from Boulder, CO for sharing this delicious alkaline recipe!
You're not sure which foods are alkaline and which are acid-forming to your body pH level? Then simply check our acid-alkaline food chart to learn more about the food you eat.
Do you know any alkaline recipes which you would like to share with us?
We would love to add them to our Alkaline Recipe Database.
Please contact us any time. Thank you so much for your contribution!!