Alkaline Diet Recipes
Salads: Assorted Veggies with Pumpkin Dressing
That's a salad, a real alkaline one, with lots and lots of nice alkaline veggies.
Serve it as cocktail at your party, or just as a little alka-munchie in front of your favorite TV show.
And the pumpkin salad dressing just completes it. Yummie!
Ingredients for 2-3 servings
2/3 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
2 middle sized tomatoes, cubed
1½ cups vegetable stock, yeast-free
1/2 cup potatoes, diced
3 tbsp lemon juice
2/3 cup broccoli, diced
2/3 cup zucchini, diced
1 spring onion, sliced
For the pumpkin dressing:
1/2 cup pumpkin, cooked and cooled down
2/3 cup vegetable stock, yeat-free
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon-Mustard
Sea salt & pepper
- Bring vegetable stock to the boil and cook carrots, celery and potato approx. 8 minutes firm to the bite. Save the stock and set aside. Mix cooked veggies with lemon juice.
- Steam broccoli and zucchini with a sieve over hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Put all veggies, including tomato and spring onion, in a large bowl and mix well with half of the cooled down stock (or maybe a bit less!).
- With the other half of the stock prepare the pumpkin dressing: blend pumpkin, stock, lemon juice, oil and mustard to a fine paste-like dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine everything in the bowl, mix well and enjoy your alkaline afternoon snack!
You're not sure which foods are alkaline and which are acid-forming to your body pH level? Then simply check our acid-alkaline food chart to learn more about the food you eat.
Do you know any alkaline recipes which you would like to share with us?
We would love to add them to our Alkaline Recipe Database.
Please contact us any time. Thank you so much for your contribution!!