Alkaline Diet Recipes
Dressings/Sauces/Dips/Spreads: Alkaline Veggie Spread
Healthy spread, made out of fresh vegetables.
Quick, easy and delicious!
Ingredients for 1 bowl
1 celery stalk
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1 handful sunflower seeds
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. vegetable stock (yeast free!)
1 tbsp. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch of sea salt or organic salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 tsp. of your favorite garden herb(s)
1. We won't puree this alkaline spread, because we want it to be "chunky". Yet, if you prefer a "smoothier" spread, feel free o puree it for a few seconds.
2. First, we chop the tomato, cucumber, celery, alfalfa sprouts as well as the bean sprouts into very small pieces. Toss all into a bowl, add the sunflower seeds and mix well.
3. Now, we put the mashed avocado, the lemon juice, vegetable stock, olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs into another bowl and stir until we get a creamy paste.
4. Add the avocado cream to the veggies and stir well until all ingredients are distributed evenly throughout.
5. Chill for 1 hour in the fridge. Enjoy!
Many thanks to Heidi from Cologne, Germany for sharing this delicious alkaline recipe!
You're not sure which foods are alkaline and which are acid-forming to your body pH level? Then simply check our acid-alkaline food chart to learn more about the food you eat.
Do you know any alkaline recipes which you would like to share with us?
We would love to add them to our Alkaline Recipe Database.
Please contact us any time. Thank you so much for your contribution!!