Alkaline Diet Recipes
Main Dishes: Spelt Pasta with Spicy Eggplant Sauce
Who doesn't love pasta??! Eating according to an Alkaline Lifestyle doesn't mean you have to give up pasta at all. You can eat it moderately if considering the following:
- always choose vegetable or spelt pasta,
- leave out all the meat and tuna,
- and add loads of fresh vegetables.
Ingredients for 2 persons
7oz. (200g) spelt pasta
1 fresh eggplant
1 fresh red bell pepper
1 medium-sized onion
1 clove of garlic
1 small chili
1 cup yeast-free vegetable stock
1 handful of fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon organic sea salt
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
Some cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the pasta following packet directions.
2. Meanwhile, cut eggplant and bell pepper into cubes, and chop the onion, garlic, chili and basil into small pieces.
3. Heat some olive oil in pan and stir-fry onions and garlic for a couple of minutes. Add eggplant and pepper cubes as well as the chili and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Dissolve yeast-free vegetable stock in 1 cup of water (check directions), then add to pan. Simmer on low heat for around 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
5. Finally, add the basil and season with cayenne pepper and salt. Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and serve immediately. Enjoy this alkaline dish!
Many thanks to Safia from Bakersfield, CA for sharing this delicious alkaline recipe!
You're not sure which foods are alkaline and which are acid-forming to your body pH level? Then simply check our acid-alkaline food chart to learn more about the food you eat.
Do you know any alkaline recipes which you would like to share with us?
We would love to add them to our Alkaline Recipe Database.
Please contact us any time. Thank you so much for your contribution!!