Alkaline Diet Recipes
Soups: Greek Lentils Soup (Soupa fakes)
This Soupa Fakes is a very simple, but great-tasting lentils soup from Greek. The greek spices (such as bay leaves) and the garlic add a distinctive taste to this soup.
You can also add fresh thyme, rosemary or mint if you like. By the way, lentils are not only alkaline, but also a great source of fiber, foliate and magnesium.
Ingredients for 4 persons
½ pound small lentils
2 big ripe tomatoes
½ stalk of leek
3-4 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp. of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
1 bay leaf
½ tsp. oregano
Pinch of sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse and drain lentils. Then soak in a bowl of water over night.
2. Next day, rinse and drain lentils again. Then bring to boil for approx. 5 minutes. Drain lentils and put aside.
3. Puree tomatoes, finely chop onion and garlic and cut carrot and leek into very fine slices.
4. Pour 4 cups of water into a big pot. Add the tomatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, leek and the bay leave and bring to boil.
5. Then add the lentils, reduce the heat and simmer partially covered for at least 1 hour. Add some more water if required.
6. Finally, add the olive oil and the lime/lemon juice and season with salt, pepper and oregano. ENJOY!!
You're not sure which foods are alkaline and which are acid-forming to your body pH level? Then simply check our acid-alkaline food chart to learn more about the food you eat.
Do you know any alkaline recipes which you would like to share with us?
We would love to add them to our Alkaline Recipe Database.
Please contact us any time. Thank you so much for your contribution!!