Alkaline Diet Recipes
Side Dishes: Grilled Veggies
Besides being an alkaline food and very low in calories (1 medium-sized zucchini has approx. 25 calories), zucchinis contain Vitamin C and beta-carotene, which are both powerful antioxidants.
Eggplants are not only alkalizing for the body pH, but also have several other health benefits. They are rich in fiber which helps with digestion. They also contain plenty of vitamins (mainly Vitamin B1), proteins, minerals (magnesium, copper, manganese) and important phytonutrients, which act as antioxidant. Moreover, the potassium content in eggplants helps the body to maintain a balanced level of hydration and to regulate blood pressure.
Ingredients for 4 persons
1 big zucchini
1 big eggplants
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 big onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
Fresh herbs, e.g. oregano, thyme, basil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Dice eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers to bite-sized pieces. Cut the carrots and the onion into fine slices, and crush the garlic.
3. Place all veggies in a big bowl, add the olive oil and mix well, so that all veggies are coated lightly.
4. Now place the veggies onto a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle the freshly chopped herbs over the vegetables.
5. Grill the veggies at 325°F (180°C) for 20-30 minutes. That's it – enjoy!
You're not sure which foods are alkaline and which are acid-forming to your body pH level? Then simply check our acid-alkaline food chart to learn more about the food you eat.
Do you know any alkaline recipes which you would like to share with us?
We would love to add them to our Alkaline Recipe Database.
Please contact us any time. Thank you so much for your contribution!!