Alkaline Diet Recipes
Alkaline Salad Recipes: Cauliflower Salad
Besides being an alkaline food, cauliflowers also have several other health benefits including: improving heart health, reducing the risk of strokes and strengthen the immune system.
Cauliflower can also help to prevent colon cancer and maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
This alkalizing cauliflower salad is very easy to prepare and tastes wonderfully fresh and healthy.
Ingredients for 3 portions
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 clove of garlic
1/2 fresh lemon
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Wash cauliflower under cool water and break into flowerettes.
2. Put flowerettes into a pot with boiling water and cook until tender but still crisp (approx. 5-10 minutes).
3. Drain cauliflower and put into salad bowl. Add the sliced green onions.
4. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, minced garlic and some salt and pepper. Pour over salad. Mix carefully.
5. Enjoy this alkaline salad!
Many thanks to Christina from New Haven, CT for sharing this delicious alkaline recipe!
You're not sure which foods are alkaline and which are acid-forming to your body pH level? Then simply check our acid-alkaline food chart to learn more about the food you eat.
Do you know any alkaline recipes which you would like to share with us?
We would love to add them to our Alkaline Recipe Database.
Please contact us any time. Thank you so much for your contribution!!