Alkaline Diet Recipes
Dressings/Sauces/Dips/Spreads: Avocado-Tofu Dip
Did you know that avocados have several health benefits? Scientists have proved that a certain toxin present in avocados is able to kill cancer cells - it is used both in prevention and treatment of prostate and breast cancers.
Furthermore, potassium in avocado can regulate pressure of blood, and oleic acid in avocado can be used to lower cholesterol level in the blood.
Tofu is made of soy beans, it's very healthy and has an alkaline effect on the body pH-level.
Ingredients for 1 small bowl
1 ripe avocado
3.5 oz. tofu
1 medium-sized tomato
1 clove of garlic
1 small onion
Some fresh parsley
1 pich of sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut avocado in half and remove seed. Scoop out with spoon.
2. Mash the tofu with fork. Chop the tomatoes, garlic, onion and parsley in small pieces.
3. Then, put all ingredients in a mixer and mix until creamy. If necessary, add some water.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Finally, enjoy with your favorite veggies! ;-)
You're not sure which foods are alkaline and which are acid-forming to your body pH level? Then simply check our acid-alkaline food chart to learn more about the food you eat.
Do you know any alkaline recipes which you would like to share with us?
We would love to add them to our Alkaline Recipe Database.
Please contact us any time. Thank you so much for your contribution!!