Alkaline Diet Recipes
Side Dishes: Aloo Gobi (Indian veggie side dish)
This lovely recipe is a dry Indian and Pakistani cuisine dish made with potatoes (aloo), cauliflower (gobi) and Indian spices.
Besides being an alkaline food, cauliflowers also have several other health benefits including: improving heart health, reducing the risk of strokes and strengthen the immune system. Cauliflower can also help to prevent colon cancer and maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
Ingredients for 1 bowl
20 g fresh ginger
2 cloves fresh garlic ( or to taste)
4 green chillies
2 large onions
400g tomatoes diced
750 g cauliflower
4 large potatoes
2 tsp Tumeric
2 teaspoons garam masala (Can be bought already mixed)
125 ml cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup coriander/ cilantro leaves
Salt to taste
1/3 cup mint
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
3 cups water (if available: alkaline water)
1. Grind together ginger, garlic and chilli.
2. Heat oil for 3 minutes. Add onion till golden. Add ground paste. Stir for a few seconds. Add tomatoes, salt, tumeric, chilli and garam masala. Cook till tomatoes are pulpy and oil shows separation (5 min).
3. Add all the other ingredients except water. Stir for 3 min.
4. Add water.
5. Cook until veggies are done and sauce is thick.
6. Serve as side dish or with Basmati Rice.
Many thanks to Jaslyn Begni for sharing this delicious alkaline recipe!
You're not sure which foods are alkaline and which are acid-forming to your body pH level? Then simply check our acid-alkaline food chart to learn more about the food you eat.
Do you know any alkaline recipes which you would like to share with us?
We would love to add them to our Alkaline Recipe Database.
Please contact us any time. Thank you so much for your contribution!!